Vegan CBD Chai/ Masala Tea Recipe
Posted on February 4th, 2020 to CBD Recipes
One of our favorite ways to enjoy CBD oil is in hot beverages. Infusing CBD into your own beverages is easy, quick and a great way to enjoy your daily dose of CBD.
Each morning we start off with a cup of this CBD chai is joyous, so to share some of this happiness with you, we’ve provided our favorite recipe for CBD tea below . We’ll teach you how to make the most delicious cup of authentic Masala chai you’ve ever tasted! Spicy, creamy and 100% vegan, this tea is comforting, uplifting and perfectly balances spicy and sweet flavors. You’ll forget coffee even exists.
A lot of the spices added to Masala tea have anti-inflammatory & pain relieving properties, so adding CBD to this recipe seemed only obvious to us. This CBD Masala tea has become a morning staple in our home. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
What is Masala Tea?
We’ve always loved #Masala Tea, and after traveling to #Nepal, we learned the secret to making the perfect cup. This tea is very popular in Nepal, we found it on almost every menu while we were there (and we drank many, many cups).
Masala tea is gaining popularity around the world. For many of you that are not familiar with the term ‘Masala Tea’, you probably know it as #chai, which can be found as an option on most café menus in the US. Chai is actually just black tea steeped in milk. Masala tea, however, also has warming spices like cardamom, black pepper, ginger and cinnamon added in. Most chai tea we have access to is full of sugar and doesn’t actually contain whole spices or any spices at all, opting to use “natural flavors” with little health benefit instead. Authentic masala tea uses whole spices and fresh ginger to provide maximum health benefits for you.
- mortar & pestle
- strainer or cheesecloth
- stove top & pan
Makes 2-3 servings
Keeps 3-4 days in refrigerator
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 15-20 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 green cardamom pods
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/2- 1 cinnamon sticks (depends on thickness, to taste)
- 1 tsp whole black pepper corn
- 1/2-Inch of Fresh ginger peeled (depends on thickness)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups non-dairy milk (we used oat)
- 2-3 tsp loose black tea (make it decaf: sub out black tea for rooibos tea)
- 2 tsp maple syrup or sugar
- Ropana Nectar (THC-Free or Entourage)
1) Put 2 cups of water and the bay leaves in a pot to boil.
2) While heating, place each of the spices in the mortar and pestle and crush one at a time, adding the ginger last. Keep in mind the finer you crush the spices, the spicier your tea will be.
3) Once water is boiling, turn the heat down to medium-high and add the crushed spices. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
4) Add black tea (or rooibos) and simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
5) Turn to low. Add milk and sugar and bring to drinking temperature.
6) Filter tea through a fine strainer into a large bowl or mugs.
7) Add desired amount of RopaNa Nectar to each cup and mix.
8) Serve & enjoy!
We’d love to hear about your experience! Tag @ropanawellness on Facebook or or use the to share your story with us on Instagram.